If you are planning a trip, ask your doctor if you need any immunizations. Discuss your travel plans with your physician at least three months before you leave. You can visit the best family physician at http://www.coastalfamilymedicinelj.com/. Getting a medical check up will help you prevent any kind of illness and make your travel an amazing one.
Here is what you need to consider while planning a travel:
– If you are traveling to an area where insect-borne disease is present, take and use an insect repellent containing deet.
– Get your shots before you leave the country. Avoid getting any unnecessary shots, immunizations, or tattoos abroad. Needles and syringes (even the disposable ones) are reused in some parts of the world.
– Do not consume ice while traveling. Freezing does not kill all water-borne infectious microbes.
– Drink only bottled drinks—such as soft drinks or bottled water—that have secure caps. Be aware that some fruit juices may be made with impure local water.
– Boil all tap water before drinking or drink only bottled water; use bottled or boiled water to brush your teeth.
– Do not eat uncooked vegetables, including lettuce; do not eat fruit you haven't peeled yourself.
– Do not consume dairy products (milk may not be pasteurized).
Take a look at these tips and follow these precautions.